Fdmorrison

Default What lathe must I get to duplicate this fog horn part?

Adam Smith

Believe me, I do wish I knew some machinists! Unfortunately, most of my
contemporaries here in the Boston area are in the computer business.
I'll ask around though, maybe somebody I know knows somebody...

The New England Model Engineering Society meets first Thursday nights (7:00) of
each month, at the Charles River Museum of Industry, Moody Street (named for a
truly great early machinist, btw), center of Waltham, MA.

http://www.newenglandmodelengineeringsociety.org/

(sorry for the bad wrap)

Try both carbide and HSS.
(wouldn't want HSS to get a bad rap without empirical evidence)
Frank Morrison