Posted to misc.consumers.house
Chris Hill

Default Single stage vs. dual stage furnace

On 12 Jan 2006 11:00:08 -0800, "Harry Muscle"
wrote:

I'm in the process of deciding which furnace to get to replace my
existing furnace which is ready to die. I've been told that high
efficiency furnaces are not really worth it since they cost more up
front and they cost more in repair costs in the long run so in the end
high efficiency vs normal efficiency will have cost about the same,

Where'd you learn all that nonsense? I've had a 92% efficient york
furnace for nine years that has given me no problems. I believe the
first high efficiency units had problems; they've had nearly 20 years
to work them out and I suspect they've done it by now.