Posted to misc.consumers.house
Chris Hill

Default York vs. Luxaire vs. Keeprite vs. ??? Furnace

On 12 Jan 2006 09:21:33 -0800, "Harry Muscle"
wrote:

I'm in the process of getting a new furnace installed and so far the
three brands that have been recommended to me have been York, Luxaire,
and Keeprite. I've been told that York and Luxaire are virtually the
same thing since Luxaire is made by York, but Luxaire is supposed to
cost less. If anyone could provide me with some feedback about these
brands that would be great ... are they good, bad, expensive to repair,
etc. Or if there's other brands that you'd recommend let me know too.

I'd be checking around some more. I have a york that is about nine
years old; equipment never gave me a lick of trouble. Unfortunately,
the yahoos who installed it never would come back out and charge the
ac properly. I finally got another company out and they did the job
right. You need to forget about brand and find a decent contractor;
they will install whatever they are most comfortable with.