Posted to alt.home.repair
yourname

Default Garage door center support

Art wrote:
I almost cut my head off with a garage door. Leave it alone until the pros
come out.

"Bill" wrote in message

The center support (On the opposite side the spring tensioned) pulled the
lag screw out of the 4X6 wood piece it was screwed into. It pivoted up,
and pretty much jammed the door. I called the guys who repaired the door
last spring (Replaced the spring) and they can't get to it for at least a
week. Looks like I am going to have to do the job myself. I have worked on
garage doors before but I don't relish the idea of working with that damn
spring. I have the tools, need some advise.
Thanks
Bill

I dunno about you guys, I installed a very large [18x8] door and had no
problems, no close calls and no worries. Two bars and a wrench. Most
dangerous thing in the process is the ladder