Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Should I believe the Comcast repairman?

I can fix your squirrel problem. Send all those pecans to me.

"Joey" wrote in message
OK, OK, I've learned something here about squirells, but guess I'm lucky
that I have never had that problem but I do have a yard full of pecan
trees and squirells in them. Someone mentioned satellite TV, well that
involved cable also, so that won't solve the problem. If I were to
build new I would place all the wiring (even TV and phone) in conduit
and that WOULD solve the problem.

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:12:37 -0500, Joey
wrote:

As for the rat chewing the cable, I've never seen that happen. The
cable used today has TWO stranded shield layers and one or two solid
foil layers. Not saying it's possible, but I've never seen it and you
shouldn't have to do anything to protect the cable except don't nail
into it or staple into it.

Squirells got mine. I watched the guy cut out the chewed part and
hand it to me..