Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber

Default Anybody build their own bathroom vanity?

(1) What woodworking skills do you have ?
(2) What tools do you have ?
(3) Do you have basic plumbing skills ?
(4) Will you need to move wires ?

A basic vanity is fairly easy project, but
you got to put on a top and you must do some
plumbing.

You will also be moving wires and pipes around.

Go to Lowes or Home Depot. They both have books
with any number of plans on building a
basic vanity. Just remember, every single bathroom
is different, so you will have to adjust your plans.

How are your drawer building skills ?
How are your door building skills ?

Here is a basic version:

http://www.newyankee.com/getproduct3.cgi?705

If you are building this to save money, forget it
and go to Lowes/HD and buy one.

If you want a challenge and you want to develop
your skills, this is a pretty easy job.

Got a "backup" bathroom till the project is done ?

Mark Blum wrote:

I am looking to build a vanity for my bathroom and was looking for
ideas. Google searches of this group don't come up with much in the way
of past discussions, and I obviously can't search the pictures group.

I will probably build a double-sink vanity, but would be interested to
see examples for single-sink styles as well. I know I can look at
commercial vanities online for ideas, but I was wondering if anybody
here has built their own vanity for their bathroom. It would be great
if anybody had a link to pictures on their website or could post some
pictures in a.b.p.woodworking group.

Thanks,
Mark