Posted to rec.woodworking
George

Default Scraper holder vs. Cabinet scraper vs. Scraping plane

"Andy" wrote in message
oups.com...
(I'm using names for these tools from the LV catalog, so you can search
their website for pictures...)
I have a card scraper that I'm learning to appreciate a great deal, and
I'm wondering if its usefulness can be improved by mounting it in some
kind of holder. Has anyone used multiple types of these holders? What
do you recommend?

I like the one they sell at LV. Have used both handled scraper (#80?) and
scraper plane (#112), but it's the Veritas scraper holder that I reach for.
It fits pretty much everywhere and gives me the component relational
stability I want.

Mark your scrapers by the type of edge you've turned to keep yourself from
cutting glue with a fine one or touching up a surface with a huge curl.