Ted Edwards

Default Another sparkies question about generators

Eric R Snow wrote:

For 12 watts a battery would be a lot simpler if perhaps not nearly as
much fun.

Not as much fun and not guaranteed to have power for the lights as
long as the motor is running. Besides, I don't want a big battery
pack. Now, don't tell me about reliability and how more things to
supply power just means more thing to go wrong .

How about a small 12V battery, say 8 to 12 Ah, and two generators or
alternators, one belt driven off the auxiliary, if it doesn't already
have one, and one on the mast wind driven.

Ted