Posted to uk.d-i-y
Seri

Default towel radiator + timer/thermostat + heating element = right/wrong?

Okay, I have a cold bathroom, a very cold bathroom in fact, 3 exterior
walls and not very good lagging (soon to be changed) makes sure of
that. I've been thinking of fitting a towel radiator in there if for
nothing else then to at least provide me with a teeny warm area to
stand next to when drying off.

The trouble is that unless I rip up far more boards then I really want
to then I can't plumb said towel radiator into the rest of the heating
system, so I had a plan. I thought that if I purchased one of the
Screwfix nice shiny towel radiators (http://tinyurl.com/7c2ux) and also
one of their towel radiator elements (http://tinyurl.com/cnwc4) then I
could use some creative plumbing to fill the whole thing up myself with
water/anti-freeze/corrosion inhibitor.

All of the above I can't see much of a problem with, but I'm concerned
that after some other things are completed in the bathroom it may
actaully become too toasty, so I'm wondering if there's anyway I can
fit a programmable thermostat into the system. I was thinking of
something like this from TLC (http://tinyurl.com/8qgje).

So I suppose the questions are, is this a sensible approach and is this
a legal approach? (all electrics would be zone 3)

Thanks for any responses and feel free to call me stupid if that's what
this is.

Thanks

Seri