Harold Burton

Default Keyless drill chuck from Chian review

"Brian" wrote in message
I have a european made copy on my DP, and I love it. If you are drilling
with a heavy cut, you can have it self tighten to well beyond hand

strength
to loosen. I just use a pipe wrench on mine to loosen it if that happens,
whcih I probably wouldn't do if it was an Albrecht and I had paid more

than
12 pounds at a British flea market for it (new). Runout on a piece of

drill
rod is about the same as on the spindle, about ..002".

If you obtain one of the common rubber strap wrenches often advertised today
it'll probably work without marring even the expensive keyless chucks. They
prove handy for lots of applications around the house. Arthritis in my hands
has made jar screw type lid opening much harder than it was in my youth and
the strap wrenches solve that problem well. The smaller size strap wrench
would probably work well for tight bottle lids also.

Harold Burton