Posted to alt.home.repair
news1.news.adelphia.net

Default Costs to lay ceramic tile

We have gotten a quote to lay ceramic tile in our home. More specifically
about 475sq feet of 12 x 12 tile in three rooms. We're thinking that we
will purchase the tile and pay someone for labor and the balance of the
materials. The first quote we received was $2800 for the labor (works out to
about $6/sq foot) and an additional $920 for materials (grout, cement board,
etc.). This labor would include removing the old flooring (1/2 carpet, 1/2
vinyl flooring), laying down cement board, and laying the tile. We're
located in central VA, near Fredericksburg (think outer suburbs/long commute
outside of DC)

I know every one wishes that they had someone to assure that every purchase
is a good deal but can anyone shed a light on whether or not this quote
seems at all reasonable? We have a few other requests for quotes out and
we're waiting on those.

Michael