Bob Engelhardt

Default ENCO no-name chuck or Bison? - Bison ordered

Thanks to all for your advice. In my heart I knew that the Bison was
the way to go. I "afforded" it by using some of my Special Private
Money (SPM).

My wife and I each year get some SPM, kind of like a bonus. This is
off-budget money that does not have to be accounted for and it's use
does not require any justification. I use mine for things I can't
ordinarily justify. E.g., things that might be used very infrequently
(good power washer), or are much more than I _need_ (NEXGEN welding
helmet).

So, the chuck's been ordered and now I need to practice some lathe-ing
before I cut into that $40 back plate.

Bob