Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

Default Suspended Ceiling - Installing Lights & Vents

"YTK" wrote in message
I'm planning on a drop/suspended ceiling in my basement rec room project.
Can anyone recommend a book or online souce which has lotza photos (I'm a
visual learner) showing installation of lights (flourscent, canister, etc)
and heating vents in the suspended ceiling.

Thanks, YTK in WI

Most basements I have been in were barely 8 feet tall. That does not include
the duct work. Which is usually exposed or wrapped with drywall.

Recessed fluorescents in a home make me think of the office, yuk.
You will need at least 8 inches of clearance to get "laying" fixtures
installed. Recessed cans depends on what your using, 8 inches would be a
fair guess maybe a tad less.
Check out the ceiling tile manufactures they usually have a good lot of
pictures.