Posted to alt.home.repair
Warren Block

Default BoeShield T-9: does it alter the appearance of the metal it protects?

wrote:
I've read some impressive things about BoeShield T-9
(
http://www.boeshieldcanada.com/wood.pdf), so I'm considering using it
to protect some fine tools, the appearance of which I'd like to
maintain (especially the polished brass fittings). Does anyone know if
this product significantly affects the appearance of what it's
protecting? I can't seem to find any info on this aspect of the
product.

I've used it for years on bike chains. Boeshield is effectively a wax
dissolved in a carrier solvent. After application, the solvent
evaporates.

Dry, a thick coat will be a little tacky, and dust will stick to it.
A thin coat will probably be similar to a thin coat of oil.