floss floss is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b
1. Assuming you connected everything up as I mentioned, to the letter,
then that is probably just a case of tuning the tv into the dvdvr. Did
you play something recognizable and start the tuning sequence? you
ought to be able to get that signal. try putting the tv onto an unused
programme number (say 7), and try again.....
2. If there are 2 scarts on the dvdr, Try connecting the OUT /tv one to
the tv's scart.
You should then get the dvd-r on E1 on your tv.
3. connect freeview's 'vcr' scart to the dvdr's IN scart. To get
freeview, select Av or Ext or whatever ON THE DVD-R.
AV is usually the same as E1 . both names usually refer to 'whatever is
coming in via the scart socket'. ( Unless AV on your set is a tv
programme position (often also called 0) which is not connected to
scart, you have to tune it in to something but lets not worry about
that for the moment..)
Did you get a menu or ANYTHING from the dvdr? (in any case, if you did
what i mentioned in 2. above this ought not to matter now, it should
be on tv's E1)
anyway try the above and post back!
regards,

Hi B

Thanks once again for your speedy reply. Again, progress has been made but not quite there yet. Here goes!
I connected the DVD OUT to the TV scart, and the freeview 'vcr' scart to DVD IN scart and arranged the RF cables as you said. Hey presto as predicted I got the freeview channels on E1. With the cables arranged like this I was able to record and play discs and also play pre-recorded discs with no problems. Success! But the picture on the TV (and subsequently on the recorded disc) is so poor its not worth watching!! It is very blurry and black and white.I checked the settings for the TV and freeview were configured to scart and they are. I tried changing the TV reception from NTSC to PAL but this made no difference. I tried tuning the TV, but I'm not entirely sure I'm following your suggestions correctly there, as I used the autoscan to look for channels. Anyway the scan only picked up the analogue channels. The DVD has a channel scan, I ran this too, but it came up with zilch. No channels found.
You mentioned before that AV can be a TV programme position... I pressed zero on my remote, and AV channel popped up on the TV screen, so what does this mean?? Does this change things?

Kindest regards,
floss.