Posted to alt.home.repair
daPump

Default well pump replacement

I am looking for any general tips of info in replacing an existing (15+ yr
old) Flint and Walling (F&W) 1.5hp well pump

the well and pump is only for sprinkler water

am I correct in thinking that I should be able to just purchase a new motor
and leave all other parts untouched, especially since they still work fine?

is the "motor only" replacement harder than a pool pump "motor only"
replacement?

reason am thinking it's time for the replacement is that on a few occasions,
when pump is started, it causes a white smoke coming from motor (I normally
shut it off for a few minutes) but I suspect that may have to do with the
priming as it then runs normally once the water level is up at ground level