Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Derek Andrews

Default Bandsaw blade sharpening

Richard wrote:
I have seen an article in which you can use a Dremel with a stone to
manually sharpen your bandsaw blade. Apparently by running the stone
down the front of each tooth.(While the saw is off i might add)

I take my blades off the saw and sharpen on the bench grinder. Start and
stop at the weld.

I usually take the opportunity to check the blade over for stress
fractures before wasting time sharpening it.

After sharpening, take care with the first few cuts. The teeth will not
have been cut to the same height, and the set and sharpening angles will
be far from perfect. In extreme cases this can make the blade rather
grabby, so test it out first on nice flat boards and straight cuts.

--
Derek Andrews, woodturner

http://www.seafoamwoodturning.com
http://chipshop.blogspot.com - a blog for my customers