Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Rubenstein

Default Bandsaw blade sharpening

Yes, I use it.

You need a coarse blade -- no more than 4 tpi. I use a stone which
Dremel sells for grinding chainsaw blades.

I mark the starting point on a blade with a sharpie or something so I
can see when I'm done -- same as with the chainsaw. I stand to the
right of the saw, hold the Dremel perpendicular to the blade and take a
pass starting at the top of a gullet, down and off the end of the point.
I rest my arm on the table to steady it, work 3 or so teeth working
downward on the blade, push the blade up a bit and do it again.

Yes, I know that you really should set each tooth alternately right and
left by changing the angle but I don't do it. The saw seems to work
well anyway.

Bill

Richard wrote:
Hi All,

I have seen an article in which you can use a Dremel with a stone to
manually sharpen your bandsaw blade. Apparently by running the stone
down the front of each tooth.(While the saw is off i might add)

Has or does anyone use this procedure to sharpen their blades. Can
anyone expand on the correct procedure, as this is all the information i
have.

Thankyou

Richard