Jack Erbes

Default online machining tutorial?

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 05:42:29 GMT, "Alex" wrote:

Is there any online machining tutorial?
Books are rather expensive.

Doing machine work while watching a computer monitor or reading from a
printout are not my idea of a good way to learn.

If you are pretty much a newbie to all of it, buy something like
Mohltrecht's "Machine Shop Practice" (two volumes) and learn and have
something that will still tell you what you need to know as your
learning curve advances or as you try something new.

"Machine Shop Practice" is available from MSC, Enco, and a number of
other places and you can get it for $16 to $20 per volume depending
on whether or not it is on sale. Just getting Volume I will probably
satisfy all your needs for the first year or two.

Later you may want to add Machinery's Handbook for reference but the
Mohltrecht books have nearly all the reference tables you'll want.