Posted to uk.d-i-y
Pete C

Default cracked tiles on wooden floor - HELP

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:07:29 +0000 (UTC), gaffar
wrote:

Thanks for the advice, is very useful and will come in handy when I do decide
to replace the floor in the future (as now seems inevitable). Just can't
afford to at the mo

The tiler who did the job originally looks like he only laid 2-3mm thick
adhesive and not as a complete bed, more in wiggly lines 1cm apart.

I need to lay back these 4 tiles and also hope the others last me 9-12 months
before redoing the floor, any suggestions for these.

The options for these I was going to use was to just either lay the new
adhesive filling the gaps with adhesive again, or filling the gaps with silicon
to floor level and then adhesive on top.

Any comments on either.

Hi,

I'd screw some large mending plates (metal strips with 4 holes) across
the joins between the chipboard sheets to minimise movement. A wood
chisel or better still a router will make a rebate for them.

Also seal the chipboard particularly where it has ripped open with
some polyester resin (from Halfords, motor factor or roofing supply
company)

Then fill the chipboard where ripped, to level, with flexible tile
cement, add more all over and tile on top.

cheers,
Pete.