Spehro Pefhany

Default Digital Photography using up electrons

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 11:52:17 -0400, the renowned Gary Coffman
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 15:40:58 GMT, Spehro Pefhany wrote:
Does Kodak produce their own consumer-level CCD (or CMOS) cameras?
AFAIUI, my older one was designed and manufactured for Kodak by a
Japanese company (Chinon).

They certainly manufacture their own CCDs. See he
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/digit...sorsMain.jhtml

That makes them a semiconductor fab house, with all the market
risks that implies.

They've long been at the forefront of ultra-high-resolution (and very
expensive) sensors for professional digital cameras as well as
scientific and military applications. I don't know how their market
share is at the consumer end.

Their KAF-22000CE has over 22 million pixels!
http://www.kodak.com/global/plugins/...CELongSpec.pdf

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany