Posted to uk.d-i-y
Autolycus

Default defrosting windscreen

"Grumps" wrote in message
I've always been told that you shouldn't use water as it could crack
the glass. Is this true or one of those old wives' tales?

I used this method for years, on conventional and bonded windscreens,
and had no problem using hot-tap-temperature water.

I now stand a 40 year old Ducal Aristocrat domestic fan heater (2.25kW)
inside the car for a quarter of an hour or so on a frosty morning -
thaws the windows, and makes the whole thing less unpleasant to get
into. Costs about 2p on Economy 7.

--
Kevin Poole
**Use current month and year to reply (e.g. )***