Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default crimp connections for 110v wiring

wrote in message
What's wrong with wirenuts? They are about the easiest things to use
of anything. I would NOT use crimp conns. on household wiring. They
are made for automotive and other low voltage use, and in all honesty,
they are crappy for that use. When I wire something in my car, I use
small wirenuts. They are easier to install, cheaper, and less prone
to corrosion. I like to fill the open ends of wirenuts used on a car
with clear silicone to keep water out. I really do not understand why
you want to use cromps on home wiring, and additionally, I doubt they
are legal according to the code. Use what the code says. If you use
crimps and have a fire, your insurance might be rejected fro having
non-standard non-approved wiring.

I suggest you forget this whole idea and just continue to use
wirenuts.

Mark

Corrosion: If you've seen corroded crimp connectors, you never found the
good ones. It's nearly impossible to find them in retail stores.

Code: Don't spout theories without checking them first. They're actually
legal in quite a few municipalities.