Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Microwave oven capacitor.. Dead short overnight?

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 00:04:08 GMT, Commodore Joe Redcloud
wrote:

On 11 Jan 2006 16:02:28 -0800, "Texas Joe" wrote:

Commodore Joe Redcloud wrote:
On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 21:47:27 -0500, Doug Warner wrote:

At ten years, that microwave doesn't owe you anything. Get a new one. Really.

Commodore Joe Redcloud

That is a stupid comment. My current microwave is 17 years old and
works fine.

TJ

It's not a stupid comment at all. When your 17 year old microwave stops working,
you would be a fool to even think about repairing it.

Commodore Joe Redcloud

So if the fuse blows or a prong breaks off the plug, you would just
toss it and buy a new MW? Apparently you have too much money, and
have no concern for our environment and natural resources.
Everything wears out eventually and it becomes unrepairable due to
cost or lack of parts, but lets be realistic. I fix anything that can
be fixed, as long as I can get parts and not spend more than a new
device.