Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

Default Should I believe the Comcast repairman?

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 23:38:01 GMT, "Dr. Hardcrab"
wrote:

All joking aside, I've seen mice (not rats) chew through all kinds of wires
so anything is possible...

I had mice for a while and other than eating into boxes of food and a
big bag of birdseed, the two noticeable things I've found were
microcassettes -- they didn't damage the case but they cut the tape on
4 of them, out of a bunch I had lying on the table or the floor.

And teeny weeny headphones -- they ate part way through the wires on 3
pair, allowing the metal to show, and in each case cutting through one
wire so they don't work. None of them were plugged in.

AFAICT. they didn't touch any of my full size cassettes. or my thicker
wires, which are still easily thin enough that they can get their
teeth around them. Most of my wire is at least 10 years old. Is the
insulation on ear-buds made of something different from earlier years?

I wonder what makes them like this stuff.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.