Posted to alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,alt.os.windows-xp
cyanoacrylate c5h5nO2

Default Mind reader game (answers)

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 00:18:12 +0000, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Who cross posted?

I dunno.

Who top posted?

"cyanoacrylate c5h5nO2" wrote in message
WOW!!!
This is truly some super high tech stuff.
I'm glad I stayed in college and became a biologist because I doubt I
could handle the custodial arts,,,,er,,,,sorry...I meant locksmithing....

I'll bet you've stumped more than a few custodians, oops silly me,
locksmiths.

Wow!

This locksmithing stuff is just so complicated.

So many keys.
So little time.
How the hell do ya'll do it?

Locksmithing reminds me of cow tipping.
There is an art to that as well.

You have to remember to stand on the correct side when you tip the beast.

Very complex.
Much like the custodial arts,,,,there I go again...silly
me....locksmithing.

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 22:14:52 +0000, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Background. Two locks, both Sargent panic bar, rim cylinder, six pin LA
keyway. The lock has been recently remastered (by me) and is operating on
ESP brand S-22 blanks. Cut by Framon machine. A couple of the masters are
cut by Curtis 2000 duplicating machine from a Sargent original key.

Customers says "the keys don't go in and out very well, and one of the

locks
is coming loose, they think it's cause of the keys not working well".

For ten thousnad bonus points, answer two questions:

1) Was it one lock or two which had a problem
ANS: Two.

2) What was the actual problem or problems?
ANS: The lock with the "key that wouldn't go in or out" turned out that

lock
didn't lock or unlock. The thumb lever wasn't coming back all the way up.

took the lock apart, and give it some lubrication, and instruct the people
there that if it doesn't lock, pull up on the thumb lever.
ANS: The second lock, the one coming loose. Aparently, that's the employee
door. When the employees would arrive in the morning and find the door
locked, they would beat on the door. Loud enough to be heard over the
machine shop that was running.