Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TV/VCR Combo and DVD... help!

floss ha escrito:

Hi B,
Well, I tried your suggestions... I've made progress but I'm not there yet.

Don't worry! we'll keep at it.

When I first connected everything up, I had no picture or sound on my TV.

1. Assuming you connected everything up as I mentioned, to the letter,
then that is probably just a case of tuning the tv into the dvdvr. Did
you play something recognizable and start the tuning sequence? you
ought to be able to get that signal. try putting the tv onto an unused
programme number (say 7), and try again.....

I then added the scart lead from my VCR port on the freeview box to
the scart on the TV. This gave me all the channels on freeview through
channel E1 on my TV.

.....but that means you won't get them 'through' the dvdr and hence
can't record them.

2. If there are 2 scarts on the dvdr, Try connecting the OUT /tv one to
the tv's scart.
You should then get the dvd-r on E1 on your tv.

3. connect freeview's 'vcr' scart to the dvdr's IN scart. To get
freeview, select Av or Ext or whatever ON THE DVD-R.

However the AV channel remains blank.

....what machine are you referring to??
AV is usually the same as E1 . both names usually refer to 'whatever is
coming in via the scart socket'. ( Unless AV on your set is a tv
programme position (often also called 0) which is not connected to
scart, you have to tune it in to something but lets not worry about
that for the moment..)

When I
switch on the DVDR it plays the DVD but there is nothing playing on the
screen. I retuned my TV to see if it picks up the DVD but it did not.

Did you get a menu or ANYTHING from the dvdr? (in any case, if you did
what i mentioned in 2. above this ought not to matter now, it should
be on tv's E1)

was also able to 'record' from the scart channel on the DVD but I am
unable to play whats recorded, just like the ordinary DVD.

I dont understand. If you can record but not see anything on the tv
screen from the dvdr, how do you know if it really is recording from
scart?

anyway try the above and post back!
regards,