Posted to rec.woodworking
Lyndell Thompson

Default Kevin L. Mentioned that there is a problem with Pines dying in Southern KY

wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know anything about the problem? I saw a news story back
closer to Christmas about the Dept. of Forrestry mass cutting trees in
southern Indiana to slow the spread down.

Tom in KY, Seriously.

Tom, I live in southern In across river from louisville. Have not heard
anything officially about problem, but me and everybody around me is losing
them left and right. I don't know how a person could use them for
woodworking though. They die from the top down and awful nasty sap seeps out
all over the tree. I could barely stand to burn them in the shop woodstove.
Wouldn't even want to think about trying to get a piece of that stuff across
a tablesaw. If a person were to try.........johnson's pastewax would be in
order. :-)
Lyndell