Posted to rec.woodworking
Chuck Taylor

Default Kevin L. Mentioned that there is a problem with Pines dying in Southern KY

On 11 Jan 2006 19:08:16 -0800, wrote:

Does anyone know anything about the problem? I saw a news story back
closer to Christmas about the Dept. of Forrestry mass cutting trees in
southern Indiana to slow the spread down.

Tom in KY, Seriously.

In the Southeast in the past few years, I've heard about several pine
beetle infestations. Lots of trees, healthy or not, were felled to
contain the spread when the pest was detected. I can only speculate
what's going on in Indiana--I simply don't know--but beetles would be
my guess.

--
Chuck Taylor
http://home.hiwaay.net/~taylorc/contact/