Brian Lawson

Default HSM magazine hit a double

Hey Karl,

What is Cabosil??

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 01:34:48 GMT, "Karl Townsend"
wrote:

I've subscribed to HSM magazine for years. More often than not, I thumb
through it for 30 minutes and say, "nothing for me this time."

This month's article on working with brass and aluminum sheets is one of
the best I've seen in a long while. I don't do a lot of this and learned
lots of new tricks.

There's also a recipe for removing caked on gunk from that used machine you
brought home:

1 pint radiator flush
1 pint engine cleaner
1 pint synthetic cutting fluid
1 pint mineral spirits
2 tablespoons wax
4 tablespoons dishwashing detergent
Cabosil as required to thicken mixture

brush on machine, soak overnight, scrub off. Repeat if needed.

I got to try this one. (I wasted days cleaning up a surface grinder last
year)