Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike

Default 3 core SWA for single phase supply?

"SR" wrote in message
My latest cock-up: Having dug 15M trench, put SWA cable in and re-filled,
I've now discovered it's a 3 core rather than 2 core cable. Doh! (It did
seem a little thick, but I hadn't used any SWA for a while...) I could
just go ahead and use it anyway I suppose, but since the core colours are
brown, black and grey as for 3-phase system, I can't use the correct
single phase colour scheme - there's no blue.

Is there a way round this without digging the whole bloody thing up again?

SR

Are you mad? Who is going to see it unless you put a big poster on the
house. No one will know unless YOU tell them, so I don't see the problem.
A bit of common sense is required. Or you could just dig the trench up, pay
out loads more money, throw the perfectly good cable in the bin and buy new
cable.
Do you really need someone to give you the answer?