Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

Default 3 core SWA for single phase supply?

In article ,
SR wrote:
My latest cock-up: Having dug 15M trench, put SWA cable in and
re-filled, I've now discovered it's a 3 core rather than 2 core cable.
Doh! (It did seem a little thick, but I hadn't used any SWA for a
while...) I could just go ahead and use it anyway I suppose, but since
the core colours are brown, black and grey as for 3-phase system, I
can't use the correct single phase colour scheme - there's no blue.

Sometime before I bought this house in the early '70s, the (then) LEB
moved the meter from the cellar. The cable used by them was SWA three
phase...

--
*A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.