Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Wireing a duct fan into a basic US 110V outlet

wrote in message oups.com...
I am trying to pass air through a room in my basement, to try and help
circulate the air better down there. There is no wireing in the walls
and I have very basic electrical skills, but am good at following
directions.

http://www.smarthome.com/3011.html

Here is a fan I am looking out. It says it comes to be wired into a
switch, What would be involved in wireing this fan to plug into an AC
outlet. I just want it to fit into a standard US 110V outlet, so I can
plug in as needed. I searched the internet for about a month now and
can not find any information, so I am thinking either this is not
possible, very very easy (answer I am hoping for) or can not be done
(although I would think it would be very possible).

Any input would be great ... Thanks

The wiring is trivial. Two wires from the motor go to two conductors in the cord.
Ground in the cord goes to the ground connector on the metal of the fan.

Unless you need the duct connections, a 'thru-wall' kitchen exhaust fan might
make a neater installation. Check the noise levels of whatever you buy.

Bob