Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Flat Top Stove

Rick wrote:
Hey all. Just a general question about Flat Top stoves with hidden
burners. I had my house built in 97. My wife and I were looking at
Flat Top stoves to replace the gas one we currently have. Seeing that
all these stoves are 220 and I only have a 110 out let where the stove
is at, what would the approximate cost be to install a 220 circuit to
accomodate this type of stove?

TIA

You really need a couple of estimates from local electricians.

You need to run a cable from the breaker panel to a location at the
stove and either install the correct socket or a box to hardwire the
stove. The breaker for 220 v requires two positions in the panel so
check you have the space, otherwise you need to upgrade the panel.

Materials should run less than maybe $50 depending on the length of
cable required.

It could be anything from 1 hour labor up to maybe 4 hours. (depends on
how the wiring can be run.)