Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Under Slab Plumbing

D & P wrote:
Hi There,

I'm in the process of building a new home and have a question regarding the
plumbing under the slab.

After the builder poured the foundation and started framing I noticed 1/2 of
the plumbing didn't line up. I ask the general contractor about this. He
said it is a normal accordance and it happens about 90% of the time. Is this
really the case? He said they will re-route all the plumbing and it will be
fine. I just don't like the idea of someone coming back in with a jackhammer
all over the foundation. Can this hurt the integrity of the foundation and
plumbing?

Thanks,
John

If it were me I would have had the main contractor halt construction
while we discussed who was paying for the slab to be removed and done
correctly.

For the plumbing to be off the amount stated is just really bad work.

Any rework of the concrete is going to cause potential problems as the
house settles.