Posted to alt.home.repair

Default 80 gallon water heater blanket

I have an 80 gallon water heater. It's fairly new, but the energy
savings label says that it's off the scale on the bad side of energy
costs. And it does feel slightly warm to the touch.

I would like to put a blanket on it, but the only ones I can find are
only for 60 gallon heaters or smaller. I've tried Lowes, Home Depot,
Ace, Sears, Amazon.com and probably some other places that I've
forgotten. I suppose I could make my own out of attic insulation, but
that seems like a Bad Idea.

Where can I get a blanket for an 80 gallon heater?

Mike McSwell