Posted to sci.electronics.repair
afinpdx

Default Receiver Control Panel

Hello-

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but here
goes.

I am putting together a stereo cabinet and I would like to mount the
control panel for the receiver (buttons, knobs etc.) in a location that
is slightly separated from where the receiver case itself would sit.
Here are my questions:

-Is this possible? My thought is that the control panel probably has
wires running to electronics in the case of the receiver. If I could
just extend those wires, then I could mount the panel elsewhere on the
cabinet.

-Is there any recommended type/brand/model of receiver that would make
this particularly easy to do? I haven't chosen the receiver I will
use yet. I have pretty limited requirements feature-wise (radio, cd
input, aux input, A/B speaker channels), so if there is a new or
old-ish receiver I should consider please let me know.

I appreciate any help,
afinpdx