Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ken Moon

Default OT Forehead Slapper

"George" George@least wrote in message
Think about it. In this case a scheduled power outage, but some are
unplanned.

The smoke alarms start beeping, there are three small children in the
house, and not a single line-powered phone to dial 9-1-1.

Hot pipe with no thermostatic fan switch was outgassing. Kids were fine,
treated mom for hyperventilation.

Have to wonder how many of us are so gadgeted that we don't have a
line-powered phone, though. Good thing she finally found her cell phone
in the dark.

I agree completely! Since I had to spend a lot of time in bed when my leg
first started to fail, and we're in rural Texas on co-op power, phone
service became much more of a necessity. We have a couple of wireless phones
for convenience, but always had a hard line connected. SWMBO has suggested
replacing home phones with only cell phones, but they're way too
undependable in emergency situations. Hard lines forever!

Ken Moon
Webberville, TX.