Posted to rec.woodworking
bf

Default Request for plans for a fireplace mantle

Morris Dovey wrote:
With that understood, I did what you should have done before asking to
be spoon-fed: I did a Google search for what you said you wanted. One
of the first references was to
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/bw0011.asp, where you can
download a 15-page PDF document that could be helpful.

That document is an exerpt from what appears to be a book worth
reading before starting your project. If you're lucky, your local
library will have a copy; and if you're less lucky, you can buy it in
softcover for twenty bucks.

I think that if I were serious about building a fireplace mantel I'd
buy the book.

I have Mario's book, I built a nice mantel from it. I'd be willing to
sell the book to the OP as I'm done with it.
I give the book an excellent review. IIRC, it gives 8 or 10 plans, but
if none of them are your taste, the construction techniques are
explained in detail, and you can make your own.