Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
R. O'Brian

Default Mag LED Flashlights

Thanks, Dale, for the report. I was looking at the 3C Propolymers yesterday
and I think I will buy it now.

Randy

"Dale Scroggins" wrote in message
. net...
Dale Scroggins wrote:
wrote:

Bought a couple of aftermarket LED adapters to fit the AA Maglights
last week. Ten bucks each. They have three LEDs and a cylindrical
(mostly useless) reflector. I converted one of my Mags and it works
fine but the focusing feature is gone, of course. We use Maglights as
aircraft inspectors and we go through a heap of batteries and bulbs.
Got to keep really fresh batteries in them since the lights dim as the
batteries age, and new bulbs occasionally; the bulbs usually turn black
long before they burn out. We will see how these LED adapters work out.

Dan

Let me try again.

I carried Maglights both as a mechanic and inspector for about twenty-five
years. As I got older, they got heavier and seemed to give less light.
Nothing to do with aging eyesight, of course.

I bought a couple of Streamlight Propolymer Luxeons a few months ago; one
uses 4 AA batteries, the other 3 C cells. I have since brought all the
Maglights home and distributed them among family and friends. The
Streamlights produce a gorgeous white light of constant brightness until
the batteries are exhausted. And that takes a while. Some days I use
them for a full shift, non-stop. Either will make a full shift without a
battery change. The AA light is small and light, but the C cell light is
somewhat brighter. Both are waterproof and explosion proof. And light.
Did I mention how heavy Maglights are?

Dale