clare @ snyder.on .ca

Default Another sparkies question about generators

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:47:48 -0700, Eric R Snow
wrote:

I thought about using a big stepper I have but it saturates at the rpm
that it would be running at. At least I think that's what happens. If
all the wires are twisted together and the shaft spun the resistance
increases and then at a certain rpm drops dramatically. I suppose if
there were less poles in the rotor this wouldn't happen.
ERS

You are getting AC out of the servo - and poly phase at that. You need
some diodes to make them work properly. Tying wires together makes the
phases work against each other.