Ed Sirett

Default CH system has no vent on primary

Keith Refson - real email address in signature wrote:

"Christian McArdle" writes:

If you are rejigging the system so much, you really should convert to
pressurised operation rather than faff around with vent pipes, tanks, feeds,
pumping over and airlocks. You will need to check the boiler is suitable,
but the presence of the manually reset cutout is a good sign. It will be far
easier to convert to pressurised operation than to debug a poor vented
design. To convert, a competent DIYer should manage it in a hour or two, if

Is it allowed for a DIY job? I thought this was forbidden, or is that
only for a pressurised secondary circuit?

Keith Refson

I'm not familiar with the design of pressurised primary circuits. Is
there some information you could point me at?

Well you could start with the SealedCH FAQ below and see what else you
need to know.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk