Rich

Default Router reccomendations

I went for a Makita 3621C. axminster.co.uk do them for around £220.
It is a decent sized powerful router.
You can get various collet sleeves and template guides etc. The
brushes are also changeable.
It has soft start, variable speed (which is really useful) and
electric brake.
The height has a fine adjuster.

"Chris Harris" wrote in message ...
As some of you may have seen in other threads, I am norrowing down my power
tool wish list.

Now to the router. For this item I think I can afford a decent one that'll
last a very long time, rather than buy a cheapo. I currently have a Bosch
constant speed 1/4" job. It's a something 500. It's done me until now, but
now I want to go up to 1/2" variable speed job.

It'll get used for everything, mortising, dovetailing, panels, mouldings and
facings etc. etc.

What do you guys reccomend in this category?

Somebody previously suggested a Freud, but I had a look at the pics of one
on Amazon and it looked like all the bits didn't fit together very well.
Maybe it runs like a dream? Comments?

CJH