Posted to alt.electronics
Alexander

Default Beyond TTL

"Henry" schreef in bericht
Okay, now that I have dabbled and put some circuits together with some 25+
year old parts (7400 series TTL). What might I do if I were to be doing
this
with newer, more up to date, technology? Are there programmable
controllers
on a chip that are easy to work with. Keep in mind I am looking for things
that I can do with under $50 in parts, like with the TTL gates. Is there a
relatively easy way to interface simple logic gates/transistors with a PC,
laptop, PDA, etc?

Thanks,
Henry

Try Microcontrollers or FPGA's
both are cheap to very expensive and easy to program with the right
software.
For some you must build a programmer or buy an "expensive" one.

For simpeler things you might consider GAL's or PAL's.

Alexander