Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning

Default OT Forehead Slapper

I remember this group and others losing touch with a few members when
hurricanes went through different areas.

They were using the new internet phone services, and with cable out
they just didn't miss HBO, they didn't have a phone. An insurance
construction coordinator friend of mine told me that some folks went
for 3 months without their cable/internet phone, and when they finally
got it back it didn't always work.

Another tidbit: here in Texas the State Attorney General filed suit
(and in turn started a huge class action suit) against Time Warner
because they were not hooked up to the 911 system for about two years.
So you dialed 911, and nothing happened in most parts of the state.

Of course you were never told this at the time you were saving
thousands by changing to one convenient bill. If I remember correctly,
the spur that go the whole thing started was an older lady that lost
her husband because she kept calling 911 to get an ambulance for him
and when she finally figured it out, it was too late for him.

I understand they have the 911 line situation all ironed out, but
still, if your cable goes out, or gets interfered with, or someone
screws with the pedestal to get those free premium stations, you could
be SOL.

Robert