Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Hall

Default Slippery slope

David wrote:
Somebody help me! Quick! I'm falling down into the abyss of neander
tool purchasing. Once was a time when I thought I'd do my woodworking
strictly with power tools. If it didn't plug into 110V or 220V it just
wasn't necessary.

Then I bought a Veritas LA smoother...

Damn Lee Valley

Damn Rob Lee

Then a Medium shoulder plane...sweet...even my wife thinks it's cool.

Than another plane, some chisels, better chisels, more chisels...

Another plane...

Damn Lee Valley

Damn Rob Lee

A scraper plane...this has got to stop...

Damn Lee Valley...another plane

Damn Rob Lee...and another one

oh no! ANOTHER Veritas plane...tonight...just when I thought Fedex was
done for the day...Damn Lee Valley

Got a contour plane too...deeper into Neander territory...somehow the
little stuff seems cooler than the big iron. I'm I losing it? Have I
gone over to the dark side of HAND TOOLS??? Will my Unisaw refuse to
start up next time I need a dado because it saw me grinnin' and
a-planing; grinnin' and a-planing...

At least there's a limit for me on power tools since I have pretty much
maxed out my shop. neander tools can always be tucked away in a drawer
or cabinet and I've plenty of those...so far...when will it end?

Damn Lee Valley

Damn Rob Lee

somebody help me...before I start taping the Woodwright Shop...oh no!!

and I haven't even STARTED to collect gouges yet...

Damn Lee Valley

Dave

There IS only one solution - you must quit cold turkey. Please, for the
sake of your sanity, package up all of that addictive contraband and
ship it to me for safe disposal. I will make sure that no young and
unaddicted woodworker gets lured into this underworld due to your
possible improper storage or disposal of this material. Please, step
back from the abyss while you still can.

Dave Hall