Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH

Default vaseline to restore shellac?

alfred wrote:
Hi,

I just bought an antique piano, and the previous owner was kind enough
to give the finish a boost by applying a coat of melted vaseline over
the shellac.

I have seen the photos and they look good, with the wood having
re-gained some of the darkness before oxidization.

I'm just wondering if this technique is going to make it impossible
for me to apply further coats of shellac on top if I ever need to!

how could I rub shellac on top of the existing finish now that it has
been treated with vaseline?

Remove the vaseline. With paint thinner or naptha.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...