Posted to rec.woodworking
George

Default Request for plans for a fireplace mantle

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article . com,
"Richard" wrote:

Folks, I have been out of woodworking for a few years (no lack of love
for woodworking, but lack of time), but the wife has been wanting a
mantle to go over the fireplace. Does anyone hve any suggestions for
sources for plans? Thanks so much in advance, and please reply to
. Thanks again!

New Yankee Workshop just did a session on a mantle. Maybe you can get
the plans for it from them? Just a hunch.

http://www.newyankee.com/2006.shtml

Pssssst... I have NOT gone off my rocker. NO I have NO affiliation with
Norm...not even a little bit.

Yeah, saw that episode, was going to mention it, and one of the things that
came up during the show - building codes. He had to modify his design to
gain code compliance. Apparently there's another step beyond looking and
drawing the mantle or is it "surround" itself.

I really don't believe all the answers have been given - yet - even on the
web, so though I'm as grouchy as the next guy, I'd still like to see a link
to someone's favorite or a picture of their home-grown. Might be the seed
that grows into my next project.