Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
tonyp

Default OT - The Cost of War

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote

In the future when problems arise with medicare, Social Security,
rebuilding this nation's infrastructure, education...well the list goes
on and on...the voter standing in the voting booth should remember the
dollars spent and lost on Iraq.

The voter would remember much more vividly, if our privatize-everything
friends would take up my suggestion to privatize the national debt.

By the way, do you want to know the real definition of "victory" in Iraq? I
will tell you: taxes. "Freedom" will have "won" when Iraquis are paying
taxes to their government, so that their government can "fight terrorists",
build schools, and so on. But you won't hear Dick and Dubya say it quite
that way.

I can't seem to find any info on taxation in Iraq. Do Iraquis pay taxes?
To whom? By what mechanism?

-- TP