Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine

Default speaker fixings

On 11 Jan 2006 05:58:44 -0800, "Mark Trueman"
wrote:

Hi,

Im after a certain kind of fixing for attaching small satellite
speakers to a dado rail. The speakers have a 3/8" threaded female
connector on the rear of them. I would like to be able to get something
that i can screw into this female socket and then screw into a dado
rail so that i can do away with speaker brackets etc.

So basically a bolt that i can screw into the wall. Im sure i have seen
them before, with the bolt end of the fixing having a slot for a flat
head screwdriver.

Any idea what they are called or where i can get them.

There used to be a thing (possibly called a "screw dowel"), which was
used for attaching legs to beds.
It's machine threaded at one end and wood-screw threaded at the other.

Whether or not the machine-screw bit is the correct thread I don't
know.

--
Frank Erskine